The topic of today is WOMEN RIGHTS IN SLAM.
Islam is the religion of peace, prosperity and harmony. Islam specifies everybody rights. If
we talk about Women rights, we should discuss in detail. In women, mother, sister and wife means each of one has own rights.
Rights of Mother
Islam enforces us to respect your mother. Islam gives us lesson to obey her in every lawful activities. She should not be hurt.
Some of rights are given under-mentioned;
1) Not to harm and offend her, even if she commits some excess and offence.
2) To respect and honor her by word and action.
3) To obey them in all matters that are lawful in the Shair’ah, and to help her with money , even though she may be unbelievers.
Rights after death
The rights of wife
1) the husband should not hesitate in meeting the cost of her living as far as his means permit.
2) He should teach her religious problems and insist upon her to do good deeds.
3) He should allow her from time to time to see her close relatives and tolerate her shortcomings. If disciplinary action is ever needed he should be moderate in this.
Rights of Sister
Islam tells us to be very kind towards your sisters. Sisters should not be ignored at all especially in property. It has been mentioned in a Tradition that an elder brother is just like a father. As such , a younger brother is like a son. The reciprocal rights among them will be just like those existing between the parents and their children. The rights of an elder sister and younger sister may be determined on this analogy.
After all such above mentioned rights we should discuss daughter rights as well.
Rights of Daughters:-
The children have also their rights over their parents, just as their parents have rights over their children. Those rights are as follows:-
1) To bring them up during their childhood with affection which has been considered as an act of great virtue. It has specially been emphasized that one should not feel disgusted with daughters. It is also an act of real virtue to take care of , and bring up , daughters. If it becomes necessary to engage a foster mother of good character and right religious belief should be engaged, because the milk has an effect on the conduct and character of the suckling baby.
2) Parents should marry them according to their options.
3) To give them religious education and discipline.
4) To marry them as soon as they reach marriageable age.
5) If the girl becomes a widow , then look after her well and bear all the expenses necessary to support her , till her second marriage.